Saturday, December 11, 2010

Advantages of a Laptop Versus a Desktop PC

I can only tell you about my experience from switching to a Laptop. I now have the ability to move from room to room in my house while carrying my laptop with me, instead of being stuck in a room for hours on end with my PC. My Laptop is wireless which is great because I can connect to the Internet from any room, even the garden.

Also, there are many places where you can take your laptop that offer wireless internet access free, cafe's, restaurants, and even at holiday locations. So you can sit with you coffee and carrot cake surfing the internet or doing your homework.

There is the issue of not being able to upgrade a laptop but that's not strictly true - you can upgrade your Memory (RAM). So, for instance if you currently have 1GB (Gigabyte) of memory and your laptop is running a bit slow you can purchase more, install it yourself and hey presto.

To find out how much memory your laptop can Upgrade to a Web site called to go to scan crucial. There you can run a test, and they will tell you how much memory you can buy this type you should know how much it cost and where can get it to buy. I know what you think it is too difficult to install more memory, but you'd be surprised how easy it is.

There are excellent video tutorials on YouTube that goes step by step (it is much easier than you think). The other alternative is to pay a businessto install it for you but this can be very expensive.

The other issue I have had with my laptop is the storage capacity (Hard Drive size) as I take a lot of photos, video, audio and this type of media can be very large in size. To solve this problem I have invested in an external HD (High Definition) hard drive media player.

Not only does it have 1TB (Terabyte) of storage, but I can connect it to my Television and play any home video or movie, and view my photographs on the big screen in HD (High Definition). I bought this on E Bay, just type in External Hard Drive 1TB and have a look, the prices are very reasonable.

If I could change or improve anything about my laptop it would be:

Screen Glare - If you are outside or sitting next to a window it's very difficult to see the screen
Battery Life - Can never be long enough for me!
Weight - mine is too heavy! 

My best advice is to think long term, computer technology changes so quickly.  So if you're thinking of investing in a laptop I hope this helps. Remember,  buy the very best you can within your budget. By that I mean go for one that has, a large hard drive, lots of memory (Ram), is lightweight, and has a long battery life.     

Visit : ASUS K72JR-A1 Acer Aspire Timeline AS5810TZ-4433 Toshiba Satellite T135D-S1325

0 comments:

Post a Comment