Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How do I use a laptop to a PC Control Tower

I wanted to get rid of the bulky monitor and replaced, my LCD monitor. But like most of us, it just was not in the budget. I had a laptop and connected network was after me at home. I had to share on setting up a home network on my internet connection with my son.

So I thought, what would it be great if I could use the laptop to turn my lead. Then I discovered that the remote desktop connection can be used for. This program is included in Windows XPThe Professional version. To begin, the host computer (the tower PC with XP Pro) should be executed, and to a router or hub.

To configure Remote Desktop Connection

(DRC) on the host:

Start System>> Control Panel, select the Remote tab.

Select Allow users to connect remotely to that computer. Note: The full name of the computer, it is necessary to find for the laptop computers that host.

Also create a user account you needwith the password for the remote connection to work. It may already be available to you when you enter a password to connect to your desktop. Then client (laptop with XP Pro) should be executed, and to a router or hub. If your computer is XP Pro, you must download the client portion of Remote Desktop. This program allows other Windows versions remotely activated on a computer with Windows XP Professional with Remote Desktop Connection. OnLaptop, start the RDC client, type the name of the host computer in the drop-down list labeled computer. Then enter your username and password that allows you to connect to the host computer in the rule.

Press the Connect button and see what happens next. My laptop is acting as the tower is connected direct to your PC. You will monitor to see the entire desktop as if you look at the monitor connected computer to the. This is particularly important for older laptopsa small hard drive and a slow processor. The host computer is not all the hard work and can even files that are created during the remote connection. Enjoy this thing portable Practice!

See Also : ASUS G71GX-RX05

0 comments:

Post a Comment